My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gotta see what's around that bend in the road. Send comments to: bobfosteris@att.net

Sunday, July 19, 2009

PEEVE DU JOUR #2

Here's one of those ads that drives me crazy.

I bet if I went down to this store to pick up a free ottoman they'd tell me I had to buy the complete microfiber sectional with built-in end tables for $999 first. Well, if I have to spend $999 to get something for free, it ain't free - it costs $999. I think what they meant to say is that the complete microfiber sectional with built-in end tables for $999 also includes an ottoman at no additional cost. Or maybe it's actually a $999 ottoman with a complete microfiber sectional with built-in end tables included. I wonder if the ottoman comes with that FREE sticker attached. You think maybe it's sewn on and you're not supposed to remove it under penalty of law?

And everybody's on to that subliminal psychological hoary trick about pricing something at $999 instead of $1,000 because $999 seems to be nine hundred and ninety-nine dollars instead of the astronomical price of ONE THOUSAND dollars. And in these economic hard times, who can afford a thousand dollars for a couch?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home